Youth Nutrition Education Program
Youth Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program (EFNEP)
Our Youth Nutrition Education Program helps youth acquire knowledge and skills to:
- Develop healthy eating habits
- Choose healthy snacks
- Increase physical activity
- Practice safe food handling
Schools and agencies that serve limited income students are eligible to enroll in our program at no cost.
- Free University of California-approved nutrition education curricula and supplies (grades K-12)
- Lessons that support the Common Core State Standards
- Student and family materials in English and Spanish
- In-class presentations with food tastings
- School-wide nutrition education events
- An opportunity to participate in our Day of Nutrition and Physical Activity
- What we offer
What are teachers saying?
"The program was wonderful and I actually saw change in my students' attitudes about foods and food choices."
"My students are extremely receptive to healthy nutrition choices and take pride in sharing their new information with their families."
Leah Sourbeer, (925) 646-6127, firstname.lastname@example.org